Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Target Diaper/Wipes Deal

For the past four months or so, my family has been playing what is commonly known online as the drugstore game. We clip coupons, shop CVS, utilize their customer rewards program known as Extra Care, and save a boatload of money on things we buy anyway. I've become a subscriber to quite a few blogs that feature tips on how to get the most for your dollar at all kinds of retailers, though we mainly shop Target, Wal-Mart, and CVS.

Since this experience has turned into quite a lucrative habit for us, I thought it might be of interest to those who visit us at Borderlands of Faith. Here's what we did yesterday:













This deal was actually 6 separate transactions. I bought:

1 Jumbo Pampers diapers on sale at $8.49
1 Pampers 3-Refills wipes at $5.99 (reg. price)

Used:
$1 off 1 Pampers diapers coupon from P&G insert 07/06/2008
$.50 off 1 Pampers wipes coupon from P&G insert 07/06/2008
$5 off both Pampers diapers & wipes (180-ct +) printable
Free $5 Target GC when u buy Pampers diapers & wipes (180-ct +) printable

I handed the cashier the gift card coupon first, then the two P&G coupons, and finally the $5 off Target coupon.

This purchase rang up to $7.98 before taxes, and the cashier handed me a gift card with $5 loaded onto it. I turned right around and did the deal five more times (I always buy 6 Sunday papers so I have 6 of every coupon). That gave me a total out of pocket of $47.88 before taxes and earned me a gift card with $30 on it.

Bottom line: 6 packs of Pampers and 6 packs of 3-refill wipes for $17.88 before taxes--a little over a dollar per item!

I, however, parlayed the $30 gift card into another transaction pictured here:













This transaction rang up to $20.63 before taxes.

$.25 clearance Cosmetic bag
$.25 clearance Patriotic music cd
$.25 clearance Glitter glue
$.25 clearance Camping ER blanket x3
$.25 clearance Camping ER whistle
$.25 clearance appetizer dip spreaders
$1.49 clearance wicker paper plate holders
$1.34 clearance Renuzit Pet Odor Remover
$2 Lysol All-Purpose Cleanser Fluid on sale 2 for $4
used $1 off 1 MFR coupon from booklet I got at Jackson's pediatrician's office
$.94 Rubber Maid ice substitute x 2
$9.99 40-lb Scoop Away cat litter
$.95 clearance Elmers rubber cement
$1.66 ea Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner on sale 3 for $5
used 3 $1 off 1 MFR coupons from same booklet above

Total came to $20.63 before taxes which I covered with my $30 gift card, so I still have over $7 to spend on that card.

God, I love this game.

No comments:

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here