Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Perfection

I write for a local community newspaper, which affords me the opportunity to meet some pretty incredible people whom I then get to feature in my articles. Joe and Sue Cobb are particularly memorable.

They own a BBQ place in downtown Bossier City that has been there since Eisenhower was in office. I was treated to delicious Texas-style barbecued beef AND Miss Sue sent me on my way with some Angel's Trumpet plants from the grass patch next to their restaurant. I took those tender, young plants home with me in paper bags and transplanted them to old formula cans filled with potting soil and with holes punched in the bottom. As I was heading out of the restaurant, one of the Cobbs' regular patrons was telling me how beautifully these plants bloom. Then, as I passed by my container garden on my way into the house for the night, I saw that one of the plants actually had bloomed. I brought the plant inside and took some pictures to share here.



No comments:

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here