Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Taco Soup for dinner! I found the recipe here.

Adjustments, common with me, include the following:

1. I used a pound of taco-seasoned ground turkey, prepackaged, that I found at (shhhhh) WalMart and omitted the taco seasoning.

2. I substituted stewed tomatoes with a 14.5 oz can of Rotel.

3. I tossed in two packets of Splenda and also seasoned with a half teaspoon of ground cumin.

4. Instead of plain water, I used 1.5 cups of chicken broth.

5. I did not have an avocado so I simply omitted it.

In other news, my old pal Lumbar Radiculitis is back in town, unannounced. But just because I've got excruciating back pain doesn't mean things don't still need to get done. In the spirit of my favorite magazine's monthly feature--New Uses for Old Things, I went Real Simple and converted my ironing board into a work space for folding laundry. It worked like a charm. But don't tell anyone, in case I want to just be lazy and blame it on my back...

No comments:

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here