Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Lumbar Radiculitis, and other minutiae

January 5

Day 3 in observance of Lumbar Radiculitis…

I’ve discovered, as I shared yesterday, the amazing uses of the ironing board in terms of modifying one’s environment when suffering from debilitating back pain. I should note that I made this discovery when browsing my Google Reader. This post concerning an IKEA coffee table hack opened my eyes to see very clearly the power of thinking outside of the household task-oriented appliance.

Jackson and I are in our jammies, seated together on the couch, watching Word World while Momma recuperates. I have an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow, so hush. Today, I will be working on marketing communication with past clients concerning pictures of their children at dance recital, the prints of which I will make available for purchase on my newly re-launched website.

Later, I will start putting together another new recipe for dinner this evening. I have to tell you that the Sergeant LOVED the taco soup from last night—“Honey, this is the best taco soup you’ve ever made and you should make it every…” See? Told ya. We’ll see how we do tonight with Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings, which should be interesting because, while I usually use frozen dumplings that you just drop into boiling water, I don’t have any of those. My mission is to make what we have (which is a LOT) before going to the store, so I will be using a recipe for homemade dumplings on the back of the Heart-Healthy Bisquick box. Wish me luck!

Today’s picture shows the morning-after view of Jackson’s maelstrom, I mean room. Each morning, thanks to a baby monitor and a sturdy gate, I am able to “sleep” in a bit while he proceeds to dump every single toy he owns onto the middle of his bedroom floor. I then come to greet him good morning and help him tidy up his mess. It is totally worth it. Maybe tomorrow I will show you the before picture. Maybe.

I’m confirmed for the recording studio for the second week of February. I’ve got a sports gig for the end of the month. I’ll be performing live locally sometime after the recording session. My television commercial is in production as we speak. Life is busy. Life is good. Life is Story.

No comments:

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here