Monday, August 10, 2009

Anonymous

Many years ago, when I was a music leader at a church up north, I received an anonymous note that criticized me for an outfit I had worn on stage during a church service. I had had the audacity to wear sleeveless that day.

I don't lead music in church anymore.

I'd like to offer a hearty "Up yours" to that gutless wonder, whoever he or she may be. I only regret not having offered it sooner.

On the subject of anonymity, I offer the following piece of advice. If you have something kind, uplifting, thoughtful, or complimentary to say, by all means remain anonymous.

If, however, your remarks are critical, disingenuous, unkind, mean-spirited, loathesome, and hurtful, I suggest the following three options:

1. keep them to yourself
2. offer them to the mirror
3. at least have the balls to sign your name to them

Your anonymous and apalling comment has been rejected. My name is Mollie. And I hope my son is never criticized by someone like you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, "Anonymous",

I was also constantly "critisized" by one of your replacememnts. He couldn't seem to grasp the fact that specific chords go with specific keys. Three times, when I played along with him, on my guitar, (on songs that he was introducing to us), he told me "obviously, you don't know what you're doing". I bit my tongue each time. But, enough was enough. I no longer play with the Praise and Worship team. But, I still play. That particular "leader" was asked to step down soon after I quit. My comentater wasn't anon, but very vocal. Both had the same effects. I hope you still break out your guitar and pick every now and then. You have such tremendous talent. Thanks for letting me "air".

Semper Fi "Boss", "Hoss"

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here