Sunday, June 29, 2008

Breakfast

Charlie isn't much for breakfast. He's perfectly happy with cereal or nothing, not even coffee.

For me, coffee isn't so much for breakfast as it is a multivitamin--an essential component of the morning routine absolutely vital to daily function.

Breakfast? Well, that's all about the egg.

My family has made an art form of weekend breakfast. My father is the foremost breakfast meat connoisseur. My mother is the scrambled egg whisperer. Whether at home or out of town, one thing was for certain for the Waltons--there would be a country breakfast at the morning table. Cracker Barrel does a nice one, which is where my sister discovered "Eggs in a Basket" (she prides herself on being the last to order and the one giving the rest of us plate envy--she's that good). I found a tutorial for Eggs in a Basket here. Try it for yourself. Yum.

No comments:

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here