Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Shooter"

It's been well-documented how I feel about church-going, but that does little to express the meaning, joy, and spiritual encouragement and instruction I find everyday in my world.

The story of "Shooter" the elk is a fine example of what constitutes "church" for me as I take my place here in the First Church of Chez Corbett, coffee mug and laptop close at hand. Several years ago, after graduating from Seminary, if I had pursued doctoral work (instead of having our baby boy four years ago), I would have focused on how moments like these in our existence constitute a brief encounter between realms--the numinous reaching toward the finite to express perfect, pure love. This kind of simple tenderness...I choose to believe it is a great sign.

Check it out here.

No comments:

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here