Friday, March 13, 2009

Airman Justin Blacklidge, Rest in Peace


Today, Charlie was informed that an airman recruited through his office died in a tragic accident last weekend. Airman Justin Blacklidge was serving his first duty assignment at Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, SC. An avid motorcyclist, Justin was on his bike when struck by a car driver who apparently failed to yield the right of way while making a left turn.

Justin's parents, MSgt. Keith and Angela Blacklidge, are stationed at Barksdale AFB here in Bossier City. They live in Shreveport.

I pray that peace will rest on the hearts of all those affected by Justin's passing and that his memory will be a source of comfort and healing to those that will miss him most.

3 comments:

Papaya said...

I love you Justin.
I know we werent very close but i love you so much and i wish that when you came to my house we hung out more..i love and miss you cuzz..Watch over me and make sure i make the right choices in life.
iloveyou. Mariah.

Anonymous said...

Thank You so much for your kind words about my little Brother. Everyone will miss him so much.

oh and to let you know Justin wasn't hit by her he hit her. not that it really matters but I want to make sure the story people put out is the right one.

thanks again
Kristen

Mollie Corbett Photography said...

Kristin, thank you for leaving a comment here. My husband (Charlie) is a recruiter in the office Justin worked with to enlist. Charlie and I felt so helpless to do something that might help your family. I found a picture of him online from his motorcycle club and worked on it all day to create an image that would honor him and bring some comfort to his family and to myself, frankly, for whenever someone passes so young, it affects us all. We are hearbroken over your loss. It would be an honor to share the edited photograph with you and your family. Please let me know how to reach you or you can contact me through my website at www. molliecorbett .com.

I hope that you are all able to find comfort in this distressing time.

Mollie

Bayou

Bayou
trees float down here